Wednesday, March 7, 2007

I heart robots

I am a compulsive listmaker. Not of To Do lists, though. Before Christmas I made a To Do list and even inked in progress on the projects. This became necessary because handknitting all gifts meant a lot of work and very little sleep. The thought was if I hung it on the door to my apartment, I could compel myself to really buckle down and finish everything. It's worked when throwing a Thanksgiving dinners for other people, after all, including real people who expect to eat at a reasonable time (e.g., parents, or worse, other people's parents, or even worse ex's parents). Thanksgivinglast year was the first year when not a single item was timed quite right, but I was alone and did not really care. Maybe this should have indicated something to me. My Christmas To Do list kept me in a constant state of panic or two months. I was a hair away from stabbing the attendant at Disneyland who contemplated not letting me bring my needles into the park. Couldn't she see that I was knitting my mother's gift . . . in front of her . . . on Christmas Eve? So no more of that kind of list. Ever.

But I like collection lists, whether it be "inspiration," stuff I own, spices (which I obsessively compulsively reorganize, sometimes alphabetically, but some times based on region spice most often used for) , stuff I'd like to own, stuff other people own, things I despise . . . But I heart robots almost as much as I enjoy digging through the chaos of etsy.

Danmade -- Robot Teabowl ($25.00)

GreenThumbDesigns -- Vintage Enameled Robot Earrings ($6.25)

johnwgolden -- Lunastrella Robot 8x12 ($30.00)

HappyRobotPhonoSaucer ($8.50)

hippofabulous -- Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto ($30.00)

pamloudy -- Green Robot ($10.00)

benben -- Robot 107 Poster ($15.00)



soapboxrobot -- Robot Magnets ($12.00)

Niphty -- Ninja-Robot-Monkey-Alligator Bracelet ($10.00)

MamaRobot -- Mama and Baby Robot ($4.00)

Robots in Love ($4.00)

mamamonkey -- Robot with a heart Baby onesie or Toddler Tshirt- EtsyKids ($11.00) – I was by and large ignoring the kiddo/baby stuff, having none I care to give anything to, but this was too cute.

gammaraybots -- robot portrait one inch pin set of five ($5.00)

robot paperdoll 3x5 card paul ($7.00)

tronix -- ROBOTMUMMY natural tote ($18.00)

gadgetgirl -- 2 Robot Love Buttons ($3.00)

buttonkitty -- Robots, Robots 1 Inch Button Set ($4.00)

Jimbot -- Womens tshirt -GIRLBOT- ($15.00)

Womens SADBOT t-shirt ($15.00)

Set of 4 Expression Buttons ($5.00)

Speakbot Gocco Print ($8.00)


headexplodie -- Happy Robot 5x7 Woodcut print ($10.00)



threedogparty -- Loves Me Not Robot Postcards ($4.25)

inhope -- Robots Love Records Nerdy Gal Tote ($45.00)

Saltygal -- marching robots zip case ($23.00) – While this is a cute bag, I fear I may mostly be in love with the fabric. And the rickrack. OK. Maybe I really do like it.

teenytinytantrums -- 1 inch Go Vegan or Else button pin drawn by 7 year old vegan kid ($2.00)

magpiedc -- Hand Painted robot and space coasters ($20.00)

gammaraybots -- robot stickerbot found object sculpture ($75.00)

nhudiep -- i heart robots stationery


1 comment:

Eppy said...

First, some hot robot action.

Second, how does Indian food treat you?