Friday, March 9, 2007

Planning for spring

I have a bad habit of trying to sew last minute outfits. As my sewing machine is old and the tension is so bad, I am sometimes driven to handstitching or cursing at the machine while accomplishing nothing. There is a slight possibility this is my fault. After all, before last summer, the last thing I had knit was a matching outfit for my me and my Cabbage Patch Doll.

But while most of my spring dreams surround the first good visit to the farmer's market to snatch up the best spring vegetables and cheap, live herbs, a little bit of it is focused on clothing. So I scouted out Reprodepot Fabrics to see whether there was anything particularly springy. Looks like I will have to keep looking for the yellows and dots I want, but they have a few fabrics I like.

Sunny Side Red,
Little Strawberries



Storybook Shapes -- tomato, Country Cross Stitch - red


Alfie Barkcloth - Gray, Rocky Mountain Leaves - green/yellow



Petals - aqua, Apples Jersey



And although I was convinced that I would only buy ribbon close to home, there are several ribbons and trims that I like, or at least like the idea of.

No comments: