Friday, February 23, 2007

Anthropologie Lust

I will not try to pretend. I love Anthropologie. I love the life they try to sell me. Maybe because it helps me forgive the cracks in my bedroom and living room walls and the missing tile on the rise to my . . . picturesque bathroom. But right now it's all about the clothes. They're too pricey for me and a good lot of them aren't vegan (especially those winter sweaters), but a girl can dream.
I know better than to don a bubble dress. In fact, the only thing I have ever tried on at Anthropologie that I was kind of meh about was a bubble dress. I have hopes that the red one's name is just a pattern thing.
Similarly, I'm quite convinced that the blue jacket up left needs a rail thin chick and there's a possibility that the pantaloon-style dress would just look awful. But there's something about them.
And oh, the greens. I can't say that I love everything about the peacock tee, but it is so representational of the colors I've been feeling and knitting lately.

Mmmm. But red really is my favorite color. Rumor has it Drew Barrymore left the vegan flock because of the shoes. Why is it so hard to find vegan shoes in such fantastic colors? Outside of sneakers, they're mostly black, brown or olive green. I want head to toe color. I suppose this means a cobbling class for me.

And lastly, how much am I feeling all the yellow? I want to spend all summer in that sweet chemise on the bottom, sweating in the dank humidity of my air conditioning-free apartment. And drinking mint juleps. Or something like that. But that strapless black, white and yellow number is my all time absolute favorite of the new catalog. I told myself that even if I can afford nothing else from Anthropologie for the rest of the year, this was the one.

No comments: