Thursday, February 1, 2007

I Can

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Perhaps I shouldn't gloat yet. I finished the final toe decreases one short subway stop away from work, slipped the stitches onto the stitch markers and cast on for a new pair of stockings. I felt very cool, like when you finish one book on the subway and whip out a second -- sort of like, I read so much I have to carry extra books around with me. Except now I don't read quite as much, and my extra book is for those times I'm wearing heels on the subway and can't find a suitable place to knit. But this is the second one, nearly all done except for grafting the toe shut (something I did not have the stomach to do on the train and won't do at work either, because I need to be alone where I can make really funny faces).

There is more in the works, too.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Remember the legwarmers I was not supposed to start? I did. But I showed me. I decided to double the Mission Falls 1824 Cotton I bought over at the Point. Since it was an unplanned acquisition, I will need four more balls to finish up the second one (first one started Thursday night, finished Saturday by the time Chaotic was over -- I have somewhat defected from the WB morning lineup, but that's really too painful for me to discuss now). I have to pop into Seaport Yarn tomorrow at lunch, so I'm hoping she has it. If not, it's a great excuse to go to the Point again (although I have a discount there that will automatically kicks in for this purchase and I'm loathe to use it to purchase four measly balls of 1824). I really want the second to be done yesterday, because I spent an hour last Saturday modeling just the one.

No comments: