Monday, February 5, 2007

Cozy Weekend

With the temperatures dipping down to unbearable, I settled in this weekend, hoping to get a lot accomplished. Seaport had saved the day by providing the yarn for my legwarmers. If only I could remember what the heck I did with my 6 dpns. While I would have loved to go back out and get them, I know mine are in my apartment somewhere. Perhaps buried under the mountain of books? Now that I bought a new cordless drill I have fantasies of fixing up that mess. Should I be insulted that the guy at the hardware store started to expain to me how to use it while he was ringing me up? I know. I know. I was knitting in the store. But it's a small place and there were only two employees and they were well occupied by people who were already in the store. But what was I supposed to do? Just stand there?

So, the leg warmers were out, but number one of the Norwegian Stockings from Folk Socks was grafted shut midway through my anti-Super Bowl Kurosawa minifest.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I decided to go down a size for needles as I was getting gauge on the foot and instep with the Fixation on 2's. I should have used the 3's the pattern recommended. They fit lovely once on, but they are a little snug while trying to get them on. There's not quite enough give to get the narrowest part up over my heel onto my ankle without a small fight. That said, they're lovely and my boss expects to be out for two days this week, so hopefully they will be a set by the end of the work week.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: