Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Sweets for My Sweet




In this case, me (as I have no delusions that I have any readers). And, to a certain degree, my office mates to keep the chub in check.

In early January, while wading through old Cream Puffs in Venice posts, I came across a link to a recipe for Hazelnut Sandwich Cookies from Emily Luchetti's A Passion for Desserts that sounded divine. I thought it looked as if it would veganize fairly easily. Unfortunately, I also thought I had read years ago that Rapunzel hazelnut chocolate spread was vegan. If it ever was, it is no longer. So this time through I used a simply ganache and stirred in chopped hazelnuts. Next time I'll be making my own Nutella.

But perhaps the most exciting sweet are these:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

These are from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. Now, Isa said something about the mint icing really needing the ganache to pull it all together, but I have to say that I was piping the icing directly into my mouth. I'm not traditionally a fan of buttercream-style icings, but this stuff is awesome.

5 comments:

Eppy said...

"In this case, me (as I have no delusions that I have any readers)."

Wait, so, hypothetically, if you did have a reader, would these before him and/or her?

Eppy said...

To my eternal shame, I meant be for, not before.

jill said...

You've shattered my delusions. I thought I was talking to myself. Good thing I was using clean language. I suppose, then you have lucked into cookies. I will have to make a fresh batch, as my general inability to log into Blogger has prevented me from seeing your comment until now.

Eppy said...

Fresh cookies?

This is so much more than this humble reader dared to hope for.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.